Through life instruction, children can learn to speak Spanish, French, Mandarin, or English the same way they learned their first language by laughing, playing, drawing and eventually conversing. Your child will participate in hands-on learning experiences. Every class is designed to guide them towards becoming joyful and independent learners. At the same time, almost effortlessly, your child will acquire a second language.
Why Learn a Foreign Language So Early?
New research shows that babies’ brains are primed to learn language long before they utter or understand their first words. Research also shows that children are most receptive to speaking a new language when they start at an early stage. It will enrich your child’s mental development.
A two-year-old child has twice as many synapses in the brain as an adult (the brain must use them or lose them).
The brain treats multiple languages as one language. So a person who learns a foreign language in childhood uses one efficient part of the brain. Your child can achieve a native-like pronunciation. A person who learns after childhood uses two different parts of the brain. So language learning is not as efficient and is much more difficult.
Learning a Foreign Language Has a Number of Advantages:
- The child learns to focus attention and ignore distraction
- They will be more creative and better at solving complex problems
- Stimulates brain activity
- Research suggests that a second language helps enhance English and other academic skills
- Improve entrance exam scores (SATs, ACTs, GREs, MCATs and LSATs)
- Ability to communicate with more people
- Job opportunities (better chance to be hired and promoted)
- Opens doors to other cultures: sport, cinema, fashion, art, music
Benefit of Our Multilingual Preschool:
Our European-style immersion preschool, pre-K and kindergarten is a complete multilingual program. We follow a format similar to any other English preschool, with the same routines and activities with a heavy emphasis on language-building activities (song, rhyme, repetition, dance and movement). No need to worry that your child may get confused over time; they won’t! Our immersion approach means that every moment in the classroom is also considered for its language-learning opportunities.
You can choose to register your child in any combination of languages in our preschool. From social development to pre-reading and writing, your child will be ready for elementary school in any of the languages they are exposed to with us, including their native tongue, English**.
At Savoir Faire, our professional and multi-lingual team designs a curriculum to enhance the children’s interests, in a happy and safe environment. They learn as they play in engaging activities. Our intercultural teaching styles merge to create a dynamic approach to instruction.
Spanish, French, Mandarin
Age 2 to 5
8 students maximum
- From 7:30 am to 5:30 pm (half or full day)
- 2, 3 or 5 days a week
Through life instruction, children learn to speak Spanish/French/Mandarin, the same way they learned their first language by laughing, playing, drawing and eventually conversing. Your child will participate in hands-on learning experiences. Every class is designed to guide them towards becoming joyful and independent learners. At the same time, almost effortlessly, your child will acquire a second language.
You can expect many of the same routines and activities that you would in exemplary English-speaking schoolrooms, but with the added important focus on language acquisition.
Our Immersion Approach
Every moment in the classroom is also considered for its language-learning opportunities. We know that the best way to learn a language is to be immersed in it through games, songs, stories, plays and more.
- Songs include physical actions
- Use of many visuals and real objects
- Activities are interactive
- Classroom routines are used as foreign languages opportunities
- Language is practiced in game formats
- Echoes, chanting, rhythm, and movement are used to help kids remember
- Concept-building and foreign language skills are taught together to encourage thinking in the language.
- Lots of opportunities to repeat foreign language in a group and one on one.
Skillfully applying the most up-to-date language teaching practice in a loving, developmentally appropriate environment: Happy & Nurtured.
- Small class size = lots of individual attention
- An understanding of and respect for learning styles
- A focus on the development of social skills
- Our teachers are trained in positive discipline techniques
- SFLI uses a developmentally appropriate approach
- We believe in smiles and hugs
- It happens! SFLI works as a team to support you and
- To stay or not to stay? We have a plan for our families. We work
why choose sfli?
Your child will be happy & nurtured
- Our class are small = lots of individual attention
- We understand and respect learning styles
- Our focus is the development of emotional and social skills
- Our teachers are educated and trained in positive discipline techniques
- We use a developmentally appropriate approach
- We believe in smiles and hugs
I absolutely love my Spanish class and adore my teacher. I consider my tuition a vey small fee for this type of high quality instruction. Thanks for creating such a wonderful place to learn and to meet such interesting people.