Through life instruction, children can learn to speak Spanish/French/Mandarin/English, the same way they learned their first language by laughing, playing, drawing and eventually conversing. Your child will participate in “hands-on learning experiences”. Every class is designed to guide them towards becoming joyful and independent learners. At the same time, almost effortlessly, your child will acquire a second language.
Why learn a foreign language so early?
- New research shows that babies’ brains are primed to learn language long before they utter or understand their first words.
- Research also shows that children are most receptive to speaking a new language when they start at an early stage. It will enrich your child’s mental development.
- A two-year-old child has twice as many synapses in the brain as an adult (the brain must use them or lose them).
- The brain treats multiple languages as one language. So a person who learns a foreign language in childhood, uses one efficient part of the brain. A person who learns after childhood uses two different parts of the brain. So language learning is not as efficient and much more difficult.
- Your child can achieve a native-like pronunciation.
Learning a foreign language has a number of advantages:
- The child learns to focus attention and ignore distraction
- He will be more creative and better at solving complex problems
- Stimulates brain activity
- Research suggests that a second language helps enhance English and other academic skills
- Improve entrance exam scores (SATs, ACTs, GREs, MCATs and LSATs)
- Ability to communicate with more people
- Job opportunities (better chance to be hired, to be promoted…)
- Opens doors to other cultures: sport, cinema, fashion, art, music…