Teaching Approach & Mission Statement
Language is above all communication:
- We believe that successful communication is not found only in textbooks, drills and grammar exercises.
- Successful communication is to be able to comprehend, speak and understand the culture. Successful business requires all 3!
Our mission at SAVOIR FAIRE Language Institute is to teach students how to communicate with the language and the culture they learn. We offer an immersion approach in a relaxed atmosphere where our students naturally communicate and laugh as they participate in activities that really get them talking and learning.
- Savoir Faire recognizes that for language and cross-cultural training to be successful we must address the complex levels of the learning process. Just providing information is not an effective approach beyond the introductory, orientation level.
- Our students must be able to apply new learned skills at all levels, and to be able to observe and make the appropriate behavioral and language adjustments in multi-cultural situations.
- We believe learning should be a very interactive process through the use of training modules, behavioral situations, case studies, role-playing scenarios, critical incidents and focused presentation materials.
- By employing current language acquisition theory and using activities that promote authentic conversation and interaction, our native language speakers, who are also university graduates, follow our immersion approach. Your language lesson is entirely comprehensible and emphasize communication with some focus on pronunciation.