We also offer E.S.L.
Bravo for giving your child this
Through life instruction, children can learn to speak Spanish/French/Mandarin/English, the same way they learned their first language by laughing, playing, drawing and eventually conversing. Your child will participate in “hands-on learning experiences”. Every class is designed to guide them towards becoming joyful and independent learners. At the same time, almost effortlessly, your child will acquire a second language.
Why learn a foreign language so early?
• New research shows that babies’ brains are primed to learn language long before they utter or understand their first words.
• Research also shows that children are most receptive to speaking a new language when they start at an early stage. It will enrich your child’s mental development.
• A two-year-old child has twice as many synapses in the brain as an adult (the brain must use them or lose them).
• The brain treats multiple languages as one language. So a person who learns a foreign language in childhood, uses one efficient part of the brain. A person who learns after childhood uses two different parts of the brain. So language learning is not as efficient and much more difficult.
• Your child can achieve a native-like pronunciation.
Learning a foreign language has a number of advantages:
• The child learns to focus attention and ignore distraction
• He will be more creative and better at solving complex problems
• Stimulates brain activity
• Research suggests that a second language helps enhance English
and other academic skills
• Improve entrance exam scores (SATs, ACTs, GREs, MCATs and LSATs)
• Ability to communicate with more people
• Job opportunities (better chance to be hired, to be promoted…)
• Opens doors to other cultures: sport, cinema, fashion, art, music…
Benefit of our multilingual preschool:
Our European-Style Immersion Preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten is a complete Multi-lingual program. We follow a format similar to any other English preschool, with the same routines and activities with a heavy emphasis on the language building activities (song, rhyme, repetition, dance and movement). No need to worry that your child may get confused over time, they won’t! Our immersion approach means that every moment in the classroom is also considered for its language-learning opportunities.
You can choose to register your child in any combination of languages in our preschool. From social development to pre-reading and writing, your child will be ready for elementary school in any of the languages they are exposed to with us, including their native tongue, English**.
At Savoir Faire, our professional and multi-lingual team designs a curriculum to enhance the children’s interests, in a happy and safe environment. They learn as they play in engaging activities. Our intercultural teaching styles merge to create a dynamic approach to instruction.
**To insure the greatest success, we strongly suggest:
• 1st year: 3 days minimum in the new target language
• 2nd year: 5 days minimum in the new target language
• 3rd year: 3 days in the new target language and 2 days in English
Age 3 to 5 -8 students maximum
Through life instruction, children learn to speak Spanish/French/Mandarin, the same way they learned their first language by laughing, playing, drawing and eventually conversing. Your child will participate in “hands-on learning experiences”. Every class is designed to guide them towards becoming joyful and independent learners. At the same time, almost effortlessly, your child will acquire a second language.
You can expect many of the same routines and activities that you would in exemplary English-speaking school rooms, but with the added important focus on language acquisition.
Our immersion approach means that every moment in the classroom is also considered for its language-learning opportunities. We know that, the best way to learn a language is to be immersed in it through games, songs, stories, plays…
Our teachers skillfully apply the most up to date language teaching practice in a loving, developmentally appropriate environment:
Happy & Nurtured